She's Only Gone & Made a Bullet Journal

Monday, 22 January 2018


Instead of a Monday post I thought I'd show you my new means of organisation. The obnoxious bullet journal that I haven't stopped going on about. I was so sceptical to start one of these and it's taken me two diaries not being right for this situation to even occur, but here we are. I decided to dive in that hole and I dove in deep -scrolling through BuJo themed pinterests at 2am- I kind of love my new journal to be honest, even the bright orange aesthetic, I mean I'm not going to lose it anytime soon really! I thought in this post I could show you some pages I've come up with -with the help of 2am pinterest of course- maybe for inspiration? Or just the fact that we're all nosy so and so's. And I need at least somebody to dive into the hole with me!


I tried not to let the 2am pinterest boards and the dozens of Youtube videos distract me from my main aim for this diary 'organisation'. So I tried to keep everything as simple as possible, starting with a future log; because that's what all the BuJo people do don't they? Nah I like it because it shows me what I've got coming up in the months, even before I draw out their spreads. At the moment there's not much going on, just a few birthdays. And before I get angry messages, no it's not finished, so if you're birthday's not there, it doesn't mean I've forgotten you! 


I've seen this idea flitting around a lot and thought it would be a good way of tracking my mood for the year. When I was at CBT I was also encouraged to start one of these, a year too late but oh well. I don't really like the idea of habit tracking, but I thought with a vague and simple thing like this it can't do any harm. I also find great satisfaction colouring in the squares at the end of everyday and it'll be really nice to look back on and hopefully be like 'that was a happy month' because sometimes my brain likes to be a drama queen. Here's to 2018's BIG MOOD!


I've seen bloggers dedicate all their journal to their blog, but that's not my main focus for this year. So I decided to leave it just a double page. I'll basically be dumping ideas for my blog here and lists of things to write about, you know the usual. 


Speaking of lists I thought this would be a good idea. I'm forever forgetting what films I've watched and books I've read and it'll be handy for my review posts. I'm also trying to read more and consume more art in 2018 so hopefully this page will help me do that. 


The inevitable money page. I like how it's empty right now, but hopefully my savings from the last months will go here and help me keep it there. 2018 is going to be a year of saving as much as possible because it's the year of moving house and adulting -and paying off my disgusting amount of student dept- ew. 


So this is the start of my January spread. I've been focusing a lot on exercise and I'm currently in the middle of doing Yoga With Adriene's 30 day yoga challenge. As you can see, I'm doing pretty well, apart from the big gap in the middle of the week where I tend to go out and drink gin and -do not- show up on the mat the next morning, oops. There's also a monthly budget planner because; savings. I'll add each bill to this table and hopefully add up my savings at the end of the month and add it to the page from before. 


My weekly spreads are pretty simple at the moment. A blank page on the left for lists and notes and a 6 line table on the right. I've also inserted the moon phases or each day because that's quite important to me and that's what bullet journals are about; personalisation. It's essentially just a copy of my beloved 2017 Flow Diary layout that I loved so very much, it just works for me. 


There we are, a little obnoxious and finicky, but it could be a lot worse. I think I kept it simple and hopefully this lil' orange notebook will help me get through and enjoy 2018. I have a feeling it's going to be a pretty big year, so I needed a big ol' diary to fill it with. Honestly if you're sceptical about starting one, but you're an organised lil' bean like me, just keep it simple and don't get too caught up in prettiness and faff, no one wants a faffy diary. 

Do you bullet journal? I'd love to share tips and layouts and things.
 And maybe 2am pinterest post ideas? 

       









11 comments

  1. That journal sounds like a good way to organize.
    https://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah it works for me and that's all that matters.

      Delete
  2. i'm always so amused at people who do bullet journaling. i use a journal too - one i'd call a planner notebook rather than a journal - but it's def not bullet journaling. i mainly use it to plan (doh!), sketch (work purposes) and jolt down blog ideas. i don't really decorate my entries and i tend to mess things up (which would annoy me) so i don't do bullet journaling haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would actually say that what you're describing is bullet journalling, in it's own way. It's just a journaling process that works personally for you, you're doing it girl hahaa!

      Delete
  3. i love how creative you are :)
    https://sykirah.blogspot.my/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I'm beyond jealous :)

    Natalie Ann xo | Petal Poppet Blogs xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you and don't be jealous! Anyone can make a bullet journal, at any time, give it a go!

      Delete
  5. Me and my sister are going to make bullet journals together this weekend! I've had a whole pinterest board dedicated to them for about a year now, so I really need to get my butt into gear and do one. Yours looks fab!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's such a cool idea, I hope it went well. Please do a post showing it off Steph,I'd love to see!

      Delete
  6. Aw thank you! I get told it looks neat from a distance but it's so difficult to read haha. Yeah, I'm still getting to grips with mine, it's gonna be a long ol' creative journey but if it helps me organise my life it must be working!

    ReplyDelete