Hello pals! I've had a much more chilled week compared to the last. Managed to gather my thoughts a little, setting myself some new intentions and taking in the beautiful weather around me. I feel much more myself this week after last, definitely. I also played a really lovely gig that has ignited my passion back for songwriting after last week which is really nice, I still feel like I'm on the right path my dudes! Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:
Bad Films ________________________________________________________________________
Hear me out okay. My housemates and I gathered in the living room to watch a film while we ate our tea and Charlotte chose a film called 'The Kissing Booth' it looked like a teenage rom-com similar to Angus Thongs and we were in need of some easy going comedy. Popped it on and after around 10 minutes, we realised this was a terrible film. You may think 10 minutes is a quick judgement but honestly the first scene was garbage. Instead of turning it off however, we ripped it to shit. It was a true bonding experience, criticising the plot and complete integrity of this film. We found it highly misogynistic and therefore a terrible choice of script for an impressionable teenage audience. It was so bad however that it was laughable, almost on the level of Sharknado, if you know, you know. We ended up crying with laughter over the whole thing and that in itself was entertaining enough. Didn't finish it though, did we hell it was utter trash. If you want a good laugh at something made with no self-awareness, give it a watch, but of course I wouldn't recommend.
Biggest Weekend___________________________________________________________________
We all know I love a good festival. And although it made me sad that I couldn't attend, I still enjoyed catching up on all the footage from this weekends BBC event. I loved the diversity of all the acts in all the different places, I'm actually watching Father John Misty perform straight after watching Taylor Swift's set right now. Also can we talk about Florence, I'm so bloody excited for that new album, I have no words apart from; ethereal, pink and skipping. Makes me super excited for festival season to start!
_________________________________________________________________________________
How was your Monday?


Oh my god the Biggest Weekend performances have blown me away! I listened to Sam Smiths in the car the other day and I didn't realise how amazing he was live. I didn't get to listen to Father John Misty, but I'm hoping to see him live at one of the festivals I'm going to over summer. Also yes- super pumped for Florences new album! I actually quite wanted to watch that Kissing Booth film, I thought it would be the perfect teen watch but now I'm intrigued to watch it just to see how bad it is! At least the badness of the film didn't ruin it for you x
ReplyDeleteconstantlylibby.blogspot.co.uk
Awh yeah San Smith killed it! I would love to see FJM live and oh god that film; don't do it to yourself! Or at least watch it with other people so you can howl with laughter at how terrible it is hahaa!
Delete