Hello pals! On the week that brought us that debatable Arctic Monkeys album, I also celebrated my birthday. A full album review may come soon because I have opinions. Anyway, this week has been lovely and pretty chill if you don't count the mindless dancing around in circles and countless gin, oops. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week:
GenderQuake_____________________________________________________________________
My friends and I watched this all in one night. It's such a good program and so, so important. If anyone's not too sure what it is, it basically revolves around a Big Brother concept where people share a house for 2 weeks and get to know each other. The difference being is that the house is occupied with gender-fluid, transgender, non-binary and more of the LGBTQ+ community. Also there are cis people there too and this social situation was fascinating to watch, it was altogether a really wholesome and uplifting program, but it did contain some unnecessary drama that I hope had really opened people's eyes to handling certain situations surrounding the trans community. Everyone I know has watched this program, including my mum and that's so refreshing and hopeful to see these things being discussed on a form of mainstream media like channel 4. There are only two episodes and I really hope they make more in the future, loved it.
Cat______________________________________________________________________________
On Tuesday we became babysitters. Angie the adorable lil' pawed, fluff balled feline came to stay with us! Our friends cat needed looked after for the day and even though I did have work, I did get to spend some time with her and I can't believe how much an animal in the house makes it feel more like a home. She is crazzyyy and only a kitten, we basically felt like run down grandparents when our friends came to pick her up but she was so much fun and I hope she gets to stay here a lot more. I wanna kittyyyy!
Eurovision________________________________________________________________________
The 12th of May always marks a special day for me because of two reasons; the first being it's the day before my Birthday and I love birthdays -it's the taurus in me, ask any of my friends- The second being it's time to get royally fucked up on '12 points go to..' shots, shots shots. My party this year was as wonderful and as crazy as the ones before, my countries; Norway and Ireland didn't do too well, which I'm kind of glad about because those shots were deadly. But I am proud to say that my very, very good friend Elinor won Eurovision for a second time and was indeed very, very euro-visioned, proud of you El! I think this is about the 5th party now and they're not getting old yet, bring on next year where I'll hopefully choose better countries, also sorry to my neighbours, the sing-songs must have been hella' annoying.
_________________________________________________________________________________
How was your Monday?


Post a Comment