A Not So Blue Monday

Monday, 21 May 2018


Hello pals! It's been a busy ol' week, getting back to a working routine and on top of that, a lot of late nights playing gigs. Honestly I'm glad my job doesn't really require me to think too hard, I've been sleep walking through this week! I've been told at work that I don't stop, because I have so much to do in the evenings, but we all know; that's the way I like it. Here are the things that have made me particularly happy this week: 

Dear White People_________________________________________________________________

I watched the film about a year ago and loved it and I can't believe it's taken me this long to start the tv show. But after a week I'm completely hooked and am already halfway through season 2. It's so clever and aware and educational, but it's also so, so hilarious. I just love the kind of comedy. And the plot is brilliant, I was wondering how they would carry the story on after the film but the tv show has really allowed the production team to expand existing characters stories and introduce us to new ones. Everybody should totally give this a watch when it next pops up on Netflix, it doesn't disappoint. 

Happy Place ______________________________________________________________________

I've been trying to get into podcasts for so bloody long and I can't believe it took me an insta post with Fearne Cotton and Stephen Fry to get me into them, but here we are. I started listening to Happy Place this week and it has been the perfect companion to my morning routine. My favourite so far is definitely the SF one, they get into a very knowledgeable and intimate conversation about mental health and Stephen's work with the charity Mind. I think I'm finally joining the podcast bandwagon, it's about bloomin' time!

Deadpool II_______________________________________________________________________

We decided to go to the cinema on a whim this week, I always forget that I now live in a city and there's a cinema right around the corner, I definitely need to go more. We decided to go to the opening night of DP2, I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be as good or funny but it was still as hilarious and as appalling as the first one, with a surprisingly thick plot and some equally surprising twists along the joy ride that is Ryan Reynolds's stream of conscious. Also the sound track was amazing and not in a 'we're doing the same as GOTG' kind of way, Dolly Parton should always be a firm choice for an action scene that's all I'm saying. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

A very media based Monday. 
How was yours?

        





Post a Comment